GLOBAL SUPERSTAR ENRIQUE IGLESIAS TO PERFORM AT THE 2014 MTV EMA
2014 MTV EMA TO SALUTE SONGS THAT INSPIRE AND EMPOWER YOUNG PEOPLE WITH BRAND NEW CATEGORY: ‘BEST SONG WITH A MESSAGE’
has today revealed that global superstar Enrique Iglesias
will be performing at the 2014 MTV EMA
, one of the biggest global music events of the year that celebrates the hottest artists from around the world. Iglesias
revealed the news to his fans this morning via his social media accounts. In addition, MTV has unveiled a new, socially-focused award category for the 2014 MTV EMA
, Best Song with a Message
, which recognizes songs that have an empowering impact on young people, tackling important issues they care about and inspiring them to have a social conscience. The 2014 MTV EMA
will broadcast live to MTV channels worldwide from the SSE Hydro in Glasgow on Sunday, 9 November at 9:00pm CET*.
The 2014 nominees for Best Song with a Message
" - Arcade Fire
, which addresses gender identity
"We Are Here
" - Alicia Keys
, a cry for an end to violence around the world and an ode to our shared humanity
"Take Me to Church
" - Hozier
, which discusses homophobia and reclaiming humanity through an act of love
" - Beyoncé
, an examination of our appearance-obsessed world and the negative impact people's sense of self-worth
"All About That Bass
" - Meghan Trainor
, an anthem to self-acceptance and inner beauty
- Following his MTV EMA performance, Iglesias will embark on the European leg of his Sex and Love world tour. For tour information go to www.enriqueiglesias.com.
- Enrique Iglesias is nominated for Best World Stage and after being named 2014 MTV EMA Best Spanish Act now has the opportunity to be voted into the prestigious Worldwide Act award category
- The winner of Best Song with a Message will be revealed on 9 November during the live broadcast of the 2014 MTV EMA.
- The Best Song with a Message category is exclusively sponsored by Someone Like Me, a global sex education campaign partnership between Durex and the MTV Staying Alive Foundation.
- Fans can vote on Instagram, Twitter, and Vine for their favourite Best Song with a Message by using the following hashtags: #WeExistEMA, #WeAreHereEMA, #TakeMeToChurchEMA, #PrettyHurtsEMA, #AllAboutThatBassEMA.
- Global hip hop superstar Nicki Minaj is set to host the 2014 MTV EMA.
- Calvin Harris, Charli XCX, Kiesza, Royal Blood, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran and Nicki Minaj have been previously confirmed to perform at the 2014 MTV EMA.
- British rock legend Ozzy Osbourne will be honoured with the Global Icon Award and will be in Glasgow to accept his award.
- Fans can vote now for their favourite artists across all 2014 MTV EMA categories at mtvema.com. Voting will close on 8 November 2014 at 11:59pm CEST.
The 2014 MTV EMA sponsored by essence, Europe's No.1 cosmetics brand** and Someone Like Me
, a global sex education campaign partnership between Durex and MTV Staying Alive Foundation, will air across MTV's global network of more than 60 channels reaching nearly 700 million households around the world as well as through syndication. In addition, its convergent programming and content will reach the entire interactive community, via MTV's more than 200 digital media properties around the world. The 2014 MTV EMA
will broadcast on Sunday, November 9th at 9:00PM CET* from the SSE Hydro in Glasgow.
The MTV EMA – MTV's global celebration of the hottest stars in music – recognizes artists from around the world and across genres, and brings together music fans everywhere for a one-of-a-kind experience in the weeks leading up to and at the show. Bruce Gillmer and Richard Godfrey are Executive Producers for the 2014 MTV EMA
. The 2014 MTV EMA
marks the first time that the show will be held in Glasgow, Scotland and has received support from Glasgow City Marketing Bureau and EventScotland. Follow @MTVEMA
and check #MTVEMA
on Twitter and find us on Instagram
. For MTV EMA news, updates and press materials please visit press.mtvema.com
or follow us @VIMN_PR
*Check local listings.
**Euromonitor, IRI, Nielsen in units 2013 About MTV
MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand. With a global reach of more than a half-billion households, MTV is the cultural home of the millennial generation, music fans and artists, and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects and creates pop culture with its award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, online and mobile. Outside of the United States, MTV is part of Viacom International Media Networks, a division of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. PRESS CONTACTS:
Kate Laverge – firstname.lastname@example.org
– +1 212 654 4335 – @VIMN_PR
Seema Alibhai – email@example.com
– +44 203 580 2106 – @VIMN_PR